The HomesNOW Approach
HomesNOW! Not Later is an all-volunteer, privately funded group of people working to provide shelter for the homeless in Bellingham and Whatcom County. Our mission is to address basic human needs of homeless individuals and help them in the process of getting back on their feet. Click here to check out our Events.
What We Do
How We Are Different
Why It’s Important
- HomesNOW! helps people transition from homelessness to self-sufficiency.
- Using only private donations and volunteers, with no taxpayer dollars.
- We develop extremely low-cost, low impact places to live and stabilize.
- We create fully-managed solutions that provide secure housing, sanitation, and personal development.
- HomesNOW! focuses on housing for homeless individuals who are willing to work hard to get off the streets and become self-sufficient.
- Only qualified applicants are accepted. Applicants are screened and must agree to a set of common rules – including no drugs or alcohol.
- We are not funded by government agencies. All of our funding and support services come from private donors and volunteers like you.
- Once a person is homeless, whatever the cause, it is very difficult to find a path back into normal life.
- A home is extremely important. Without a safe place to stay and the ability to have a decent standard of living, it is extremely difficult to stabilize
- A place to sleep is not enough. A homeless person has often lost confidence and needs help to re-establish their self-esteem and contribute to the community.
Advantages of the HomesNOW approach:
- Reduces the problems traditionally associated with homeless encampments such as drug/alcohol use, garbage and crime.
- It saves tax dollars by reducing the load on police, fire departments, medical, and social services.
- It helps people who want to get back to a normal and stable life.
We have multiple ways to donate. To donate to our campaign, please visit our Donation Page. Your donations are tax deductible.